An Award-Winning Proven History of Success Focused on Helping Accident Victims Maximize Their Compensation
Ventura Spinal Injury Attorney
Advocacy from a Proven Spinal Injury Lawyer in Ventura
Spinal injuries are a common result of car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and other types of accidents caused by negligence. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury due to the actions of someone else, then those actions should be held accountable in a court of law. At Richard | Bartlett Lawyers, our diligent work and advocacy for injury victims over the last 30+ years has recovered more than $100 million in relief. We are ready to bring that same, unparalleled level of counsel to you and your personal injury claim.
Why Are Spinal Cord Injuries So Serious?
Spinal cord injuries are particularly devastating for injury victims because of the likelihood of permanent damage. As part of our nervous system, our spines do not always recover from trauma. This can often lead to effects that victims must suffer through for a lifetime.
Some common consequences of spinal cord injuries include:
- Motor function issues
- Chronic headaches and neck pain
- Premature death
Those dealing with these kinds of injuries are likely to face considerable recovery times, ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, and even alterations to their homes and lifestyles. In many cases, these victims must also face a dramatic change in their income and their ability to work, as well.
Understanding the Different Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can be classified into two main types: complete and incomplete.
- Complete Spinal Cord Injury: This type of injury occurs when the spinal cord is fully damaged, resulting in a total loss of function and sensation below the site of the injury.
- Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury: This type of injury occurs when the spinal cord is partially damaged, resulting in varying degrees of function and sensation loss below the site of the injury.
Spinal cord injuries can also be classified according to the level of the spinal cord where the injury occurred.
The higher the injury, the more severe the effects on the body. The levels of spinal cord injury are:
- Cervical: Injuries to the neck region, which can result in quadriplegia (paralysis of all four limbs) or partial paralysis of the arms and hands.
- Thoracic: Injuries to the chest region, which can result in paraplegia (paralysis of the lower limbs).
- Lumbar: Injuries to the lower back region, which can result in partial paralysis of the legs and feet.
- Sacral: Injuries to the pelvic region, which can result in loss of bladder and bowel control.
Understanding the different types of spinal cord injuries is important in determining the appropriate legal action to take in seeking compensation for the injury. At Richard | Bartlett Lawyers, our experienced Ventura spinal injury attorneys can provide you with the guidance and legal representation you need to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
How Can a Spinal Injury Attorney Help?
A spinal cord injury lawyer can help injured people by representing their interests in court and advocating for the compensation they are owed. This can include seeking damages to cover medical bills, loss of wages, and pain and suffering. Spinal cord injury lawyers typically offer a variety of services to clients, including:
- Investigating claim details
- Gathering evidence and witness testimony
- Negotiating with insurance companies or other defendants on behalf of victims
- Filing lawsuits when necessary
- Providing expert testimony from medical professionals regarding the extent of an individual’s injuries
- Guiding their client through every step of the legal process
The attorneys at Richard | Bartlett Lawyers have been known to go above and beyond for our clients, using creative solutions and aggressive advocacy. We do not back down from tough cases because we know the tremendous impact these injuries can have on victims’ lives. With us by your side, you can be sure that your case is in good hands.
What is the Average Settlement for a Spinal Cord Injury?
Each case is different, which makes it difficult to cite an exact amount for spinal injuries in general. However, most attorneys will take into account similar "damages" when determining how much to ask for in compensation for your injuries:
- Compensation for medical expenses both present and for future treatment
- Compensation for ongoing medical care including a need for live-in nurses or caregivers
- Compensation for rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Compensation for assistive living devices (wheelchairs, lifts, transportation, etc.)
- Compensation for any home remodels required to fit wheelchair ramps, widen doorways, install lifts, etc.
In addition to these physical needs, we may also pursue compensation for pain and suffering, and in some cases punitive damages if the incident leading to your injuries was caused by extreme negligence or intentionally inflicted harm.
Let Our Ventura Accident Firm Help You Fight for Justice!
The serious nature of your spinal cord injury deserves emphatic, aggressive representation that is prepared to fight for you both in and out of the courtroom. At Richard | Bartlett Lawyers, our spinal injury attorneys in Ventura have time and time again ensured that the gravity of our clients' serious injuries is recognized by the law and that they and their loved ones receive the restitution they need during this difficult time.
The advocacy and support you need is just a phone call away. Contact our firm today to speak with our Ventura spinal cord injury attorneys.
Good Job Dave & Nichole
“If I need a lawyer again, you’re the ones.”
“They are kind, compassionate attorneys that really know how to best serve their clients.”
Intelligent, Kind, Outstanding
“These lawyers worked day in and day out to help me receive the money I deserve.”
“Richard Bartlett Lawyers measures above and beyond 5 Stars. They've demonstrated 'star quality’.”
The Team at Richard Bartlett is Oustanding
“They are knowledgeable, experienced, friendly, and always accessible. I can’t recommend this firm highly enough.”
AttentionWe limit our case load for personal attention.
AccessibilityWe offer night and weekend availability.
ConvenienceWe provide home or hospital visits.
DiligenceWe never leave a stone unturned.