Have you been wrongfully injured in an accident and need medical treatment as part of a personal injury claim?
As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic has rapidly been evolving how businesses practice. Many medical providers have closed their doors and have only been seeing patients via Zoom or some other web-based portal.
To say that this will not affect a Ventura personal injury case in some fashion would be sticking our heads in the sand. Defense attorneys and insurance companies alike have always attempted to use “gaps in treatment” to their benefit in arguing that clearly this evidences the patient/client is not hurt or at least not that injured.
Of course, we know that life happens and getting the treatment you need is not always as easy as scheduling an appointment and going to the doctor—especially thanks to the many barriers the current pandemic has created, such as causing numerous individuals to lose their jobs and health insurance. However, it is vital to get the treatment that you need and have consistent treatment to reach progress with most injuries.
In this vein, we have worked hard to build relationships with more medical practices that have created COVID-19 safeguards to continue treating patients in need—in person.
These safeguards include:
- Checking in for your appointment and then waiting in your car until you’re called
- Medical screening, which includes questions regarding any COVID-19 symptomatology and a temperature check
- All medical professionals and staff sanitize and where masks
- All patients must wear a mask
- All patients must sanitize their hands upon entering the medical office
- Doors remain open in the medical office to maintain airflow
- Only the patient can be present for the appointment—no one may accompany them to the medical office
- Telemedicine option and encouragement when possible
Access to medical treatment is vital at all times and can greatly improve both your health and your California personal injury claim. If you are seeking treatment and don’t know where to turn, we are happy to help as best we can.
Continue to get the treatment you need for your injuries. Please call for a free consultation to see if we can help at (805) 438-2440.